Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weekend Matinee: HOUSE OF THE DEVIL

It's Saturday afternoon and, if you're anything like me, you want to relive those days gone by of creepy horror matinees, I got just the thing: Ti West's HOUSE OF THE DEVIL!



Over this past week I've been mainlining horror movies, and this one jumped out to me as the best. It's a total throwback movie (which can be pretty dicey) to those slowly paced late 70s/early 80s horror classics that values atmosphere over a body count.

The story's pretty simple: A babysitter agrees to fake sit a non-existent baby, only to get terrorized by some kind of evil cult. You know, standard pre-slasher horror stuff. It's not a flash/bang, Michael Bay type of movie, but you have the patience for it, it's totes worth it.

For this week's clip, I have something totally non-indicative of the movie: A dance sequence. What can I say, I'm a total sucker for a cute girl dancing around to some kitchy 80s music. Hell, who am I kidding? I'm a total sucker for anyone dancing to any kind of music. Whatever. You should go watch this movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment