Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Deathlok That Could Have Been

Lately I've been on something of a Deathlok kick, so color me excited when I saw this image while scanning the internet:


And then imagine my disappointment when I discovered it was from a cancelled series from 2003 by Daniel Way and Darick Robertson. Apparently it was going to be about another new Deathlok (move over Luther Manning, Michael Collins, and Jack Truman) in a new hyper violent future ruled by corporations or whatever. Also, given the art that was released, it seemed to feature some kid controlling my favorite future cyborg, so I'm guessing that would have been a story point too.

Oh what could have been...

Although, given the year it would have been released and Way's penchant for decompressed non-action (see his new Thunderbolts series as an example) I could see this series being all promise and no follow through. I guess we'll never know.

Now, if Marvel would just get off their ass and let Jason Aaron write a Deathlok series, I could stop pining over this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment