Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Matinee: TORQUE

My Scott Pilgrim review is forthcoming, until then enjoy this scene from the under-rated and under-remembered Torque.

I know what you're thinking: Torque is a piece of shit, how could it be under-rated? Now I'm not going to pretend that Torque is some kind of classic, or redefines what makes a good racing action drama, because it isn't. However, the movie doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. You want fun, crazy motorcycle chases and big dumb action? Then check this one out.

The epitome of what makes this movie so memorable for me is the clip I chose for this weekend. During the big third act extravaganza, while our hero is racing down the streets of LA in a suped up super-duper speedy bike, the love interest has her own showdown with the evil lady of the flick. And so, of course, they duel the only way they know how: With their motorcycles. Literally.



I dare you to not find that clip somehow enjoyable. You see, and that's how the rest of the movie is: ridiculous, but entertaining. You should totally check it out when you get a chance... after you check Scott Pilgrim, of course.

1 comment: