Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Morphodroids

As a child of the 80s, it's not often that I'm surprised by old geek advertisements. I'd like to think that I've seen and/or have heard of the vast majority of the toy lines that came out during my first decade. So imagine my surprise when I came across this tonight while reading an issue of Dr. Strange:


Click to embiggen


Blasting out from Cleveland in the glorious year of 1985 comes, "Morphodroids: Warrior Robots You Bring to Life!" Shockingly, these shitty versions of Go-Bots failed to make a dent in the hyper-consumerist 1980s, leaving would-be childhood icons like Poizen and Sintar to wallow in obscurity. That said, as terrible as these things look, I kinda totally want to see them in action.

So... anyone have a time machine I can borrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment