Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Bill December 2, 2010

Stupid Post Office waiting a stupid extra day to deliver my comics. Nothing makes me more sad than a Wednesday without comics. Does waiting a day make reading comics that much more sweet? Or am I just happy to get my fix? Wanna find out?



Best Miniseries of the Week:

Taskmaster #4
Writer: Fred Van Lente
Artist: Jefte Palo


This should come as no surprise, seeing as how I've been totally in the tank for this series since issue two. But really, try not to be excited for a book that can introduce not just one, but two amazing character finds, a city full of Hitlers, and more henchmen organizations that you ever knew you wanted. This book has been crazy stellar.

So anyway, last issue we discovered the true origin of the formerly mysterious Taskmaster, and in this one we discover what makes him a tragic Marvel character. I'll admit I wasn't expecting the ending, but I also wasn't surprised by it. Either way it didn't make it any less heartbreaking.

Van Lente and Palo's take on ol' Tasky was phenomenal and I can only hope that we get to see more someday. Do yourself a favor and go buy this puppy when it comes out in trade, I promise you won't be disappointed.



Most Redeemed Book of the Week:

Ant-Man And Wasp #2
Writer/Artist - Tim Seeley


It feels like I was just talking about this one... Oh.. right.

Well, I can happily report that I have no complaints with this issue. Not only is there a lack of questionable references, but there's plenty of awesome Ant-Mn continuity that I thought only guys like me and Robert Kirkman cared about. Oh, and there's pretty cool action and stuff too.

This issue finds out titular heroes traveling through the dreamscape to infiltrate AIM to steal back that which was stolen last issue. You know, just a typical day at the office for the newly appointed Scientist Supreme.

I said this before, but it bears repeating: This is the kind of book that I love. It's a straight up adventure book featuring an Odd Couple team up and a firm basis in continuity. It's not trying to reinvent the wheel, it's just trying to be the best wheel it can be and it totally succeeds.

Here's hoping that they give Tim Seeley a longer series to work his magic on next time.




That's all I got for tonight. If you want to hear more about the other books I got, or just my general rambling, please check out my twitter@platypusrobot. Otherwise you might never know what I thought of the new Heroes for Hire book. You have to ask yourself: Is that a reality really worth living?

Think about it. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment