Friday, February 11, 2011

A First Class X-Men Trailer

This popped up last night...



...and I gotta say, I kinda dig it. Which is not what I was expecting.

Suddenly, I feel like I understand a lot of the casting decisions. There's no Cyclops or Nightcrawler because the timing isn't right, so instead they're using Havok as a Cyke Stand In and Azazel as their wannabe Nightcrawler. It's not perfect, but at least it works and at least now it all makes sense. To me at least.

Also, I'm pretty impressed by James McAvoy's Professor Xavier, even if he's starting to look like an overripe tomato. He seems to have the right amount of poise to pull it off. But I have to say, I'm very surprised they didn't make him shave his head so people would know without a shadow of a doubt that it was supposed to be a young Patrick Stewart, ala what they did with Star Trek Nemesis. Surprised, but very happy that they respect our intelligence a little bit.

So there it is, I'm officially mildly excited for this movie. What about you? It can't be worse than X3 or Wolverine, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment