Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend Matinee: MEGAFORCE

It's Saturday afternoon and if you're anything like me you need something to wash the horrible girlie-ness of this pre-Valentine's Day weekend out of your brain. Lucky for you, I have just the thing. Say hello to MEGAFORCE.



Where to start with this gem? Directed by Hal "I normally work with Burt Reynolds" Needham, Megaforce follows Ace Hunter and his band of international peacekeepers as they try to thwart an evil dictator. Or something, I kinda lost it there in the middle of the movie because IT BLEW MY EIGHT YEAR OLD BRAIN!

A suave Han Solo-like leader (played by Spin City's Barry Bostwick) and his band of off-kilter international soldiers riding around in fucking awesome themed vehicles? It's like everything the UN has ever wanted to be! More, it's exactly what I loved about GI JOE when I was a kid. Hell, this movie is a hundred times the adaptation of my favorite Hasbro toyline than that lame-ass Steven Sommers monstrosity was.

Now, there are a lot of scenes to get excited about in this one, but none so exhilarating as the clip I pulled for you today. Long story short, Barry Bostwick discovers the secret ability of his motorcycle AND IT'S THE BEST THING EVER! I don't want to spoil it too much, just... just watch it.



IT'S JUST SO GOOD! I can't stop watching it! His face! God, it's the best.

So here's the bad news about this one: It's not available on DVD. For whatever reason - which I'm too lazy to research - they've refused to release this would-be classic on any kind of modern media. There are, however, tons of bootlegs out there and while I don't condone any kind of piracy, like this here, if it's the only way to see it then... well, a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

Right? RIGHT! MEGAFORCE!

1 comment:

  1. And awesome to see Henry Silva in there! I just saw him last weekend in Green Mansions. What a villain!

    ReplyDelete