Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekend Matinee: JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS

Because sometimes you need some counter-programming, I give you this week's movie: Josie and the Pussycats.



If you've never seen this gem, you should do yourself a favor, drop everything and watch it NOW. Between the cute girls and the rocking soundtrack, this movie has got it all! Add to that a compelling story and interesting characters, and you have a cult classic just waiting to happen.

I remember the first time I saw this one. It was the summer of 2002, my roommate and I had scammed some free premium channels (an oversight on the provider's end, I swear!) and started recording everything we could, including this oft forgotten 2001 classic. After our first viewing, we knew it was something special and we nearly wore the tape out showing it to anyone who would give us 90 minutes to do so.

We were a little obsessed.

In the intervening years, I haven't seen it as much, but I can still recite it by heart. And I have the soundtrack on a pretty constant rotation on my ipod. It's up there on my list of favorite movies, and I don't think it'll come down any time soon.

So, if you're looking for something new and awesome to watch - or you just want something that doesn't involve pigskins and jersey's - I suggest you check out Josie and the Pussycats. If you don't believe me, check out this week's clip featuring the girls' hit single from the movie. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment