Friday, May 22, 2009

Planet of the Apes: Salvation or Conquest of the Planet of the Terminators

I think the Terminator movies are the contemporary versions of the Planet of the Apes movies.



In a meta sense, I mean. Check this out:

Both series start with a:
New world order involving robots
New world order involving primates

But then:
a time traveling robot appears in a human society
a time traveling human appears in ape society



Who then try to:
Change the past, but in doing so plant the seeds for the human resistance in the future
Destroy the future, but in doing so plant the seeds for the primate resistance in the past

Leaving the hero of the series to became:
The brain busting paradox that is John Connor
The brain busting paradox that is Caesar



revealing that:
The new world order of robots is inevitable
The new world order of primates is inevitable



So I guess the question becomes: Who do you want to be your future overlords, Monkeys or Robots?

Me, I'd angle for for the Monkeys for one simple reason:



I mean, I don't see anyone making out with a robot...

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see you making out with a robot! Have you seen some of those lady robots they have in Japan? Hot.

    :)

    ReplyDelete