Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend Matinee: 2020 TEXAS GLADIATORS

You never forget your first. First bad movie, that is.

2020 Texas Gladiators was the movie that made me a conisuier of terribly bad movies. The formula I use is simple: The more awesome looking the cover, the worse the movie will be with an added bonus if it's painted. I mean, just check out this cover and try not to be intrigued:



Right?

Anyway, the movie itself is one of those run-of-the-mill, early-80s, direct-to-video Italian-imported, Post-Apocalyptic flicks with tons of shirtless dudes and loose women. Other than that, I honestly can't tell you what happens. I've seen this gem multiple times, but could never really pay that much attention to figure out what was really going on. Instead I opted to make fun of the holey shields and bask in the glow of the crazy violence while soaking my innards with alcohol.

So instead of a true clip this week, I found this fantastic two minute summary of the movie. It's pretty accurate in violence and story coherence.

Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment