Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend Matinee: THE LITTLE MERMAID

What? Can't a man watch Disney movies and not be judged like that?

I've been on a kick with the GirlFriend of revisiting these neo-Golden era Disney Movies. If you remember, we already were severely disappointed by Hercules, that that was past the end of the run anyway. But before those Disney movies got obsessed with the celebrity voices, the trite emotionality, and dated references, there was The Little Mermaid, the one that started it all.

I'm actually pretty stoked to check it out. It's a tribute to this movie, that I haven't seen in a good 15 years, that I can still hum a good chuck of all the songs. Poor Unfortunate Souls, Part Of Your World, Kiss The Girl, and, of course, Under the Sea are all just fucking phenomenal. In a classic Disney way, of course.

I just hope it can stand up to the memory I have of it. And that Ariel is still as hot as I remember....

You know, for a fish person.

Anyway, this week's clip is my favorite song: Poor Unfortunate Souls. Be prepared to have this stuck in your head for a week. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment