Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Bill July 21, 2010

Super super quick reviews tonight because everything was so great I just couldn't not say anything. So let's get to it!



Change of format too, I'm just going to rundown what I got and what I thought.

1- Avengers #3. Starting to fall into that Bendis I don't like where the story stagnates for three issues before an unsatisfactory ending. Maybe it would be a good idea to make your villains show up more than just a cameo in the first issue. Just saying.

2- Scott Pilgrim in his Finest Hour. Super great! I want to read them all in one sitting, just in case I missed anything, but I liked it. Even if I didn't totally get all that 'glow' nonsense.

3- Thunderbolts #146. I need this book to come out faster than once a month. The writing and art is super fantastic, one of the best books out there right now.

4- Prince of Power # 3. Whenever this thing comes out, I'm surprised at how clever it is. Case in point, my favorite page of the week and the aftermath of Amadeus getting the Egyptian goddess of destruction drunk:



What a fantastic way to kick off the convention. Speaking of, don't forget to follow me on twitter and/or try to run in to me on the floor. I think I'll be wearing my Aargvark shirt.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment